Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cupping

I am shamelessly a very curious person. I love to try new things and I google everything. Matt comes home to find me doing something insane and weird at least weekly, if not daily. If you read my old blog, you know about the disastrous Oil Cleansing Method I tried in January that left me with acne for the first time in my entire life. Of course that didn't stop me...

I've seen photos of Gwyneth Paltrow, Jen Aniston and various other athletes and celebs with circular bruises on their backs but never knew what it was from- turns out, CUPPING! Naturally, I had to try it. I did a bunch of research and apparently it's very effective for cellulite and other body woes.

I decided to purchase some Accucups online and with shipping it ran me about $25. I had no idea how to use them at first, which is why I ended up with a gigantic bruise covering my forehead:

Before:
The photo I sent my friends to show them what I was doing.

After:
Please note the circular bruise covering my forehead.

Apparently I was doing it wrong. I took a dab of olive oil and rubbed it over my thighs and suctioned the largest cup there. OUCH. HOLY SH*T. I knew I had finally figured it out because it hurt like a bitch. The oil allowed me to glide the cup slowly over the oil area and I felt it working. Matt stood and watched me squirm and yell, laughing at my ridiculousness. Free entertainment. 

Cupping pulls stagnant blood around and out from between fat/cellulite cells and gets it moving more easily. I'm going to keep trying this daily and see how it works- my thighs are covered in tiny bruises this morning so I know somethings working!

Update 1: Got a bruise on my back! The dark color is an indication of stagnant blood, which means I am doing it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment