Saturday, April 13, 2013

No More Frozen Foods!

I decided to ban frozen foods from the house but there was a major problem- my fiancé LOVES his Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches and frozen burritos. I spent the afternoon recreating them, but way healthier! We wrapped them in tin foil and stuck them in the freezer. Genius!

Breakfast sammies:
Fresh turkey sausage, roll into patties
Eggs (I puréed mine in my little blender and baked them in a muffin tin for 7 mins)
Whole wheat English muffins
Thinly sliced cheddar cheese


I used my little blender to whip the eggs together quickly.

Cook, stack, wrap and freeze!

Healthy Frozen Burritos:
Medium sized tortillas
Ground turkey, cooked w a little taco seasoning
Shredded cheese (we used Colby Jack)
Black beans
Egg whites

Mix the egg whites in with the cooked turkey. Put all ingredients onto a tortilla, pretend you work at Chipotle and roll into a burrito, wrap in foil and freeze!

Voila! Healthy, easy and preservativeless!









No comments:

Post a Comment