Friday, April 12, 2013

Good Morning Sunshine

Every morning for the past month, I have made myself a Body by Vi shake to drink on my way to work.I have lost about 7 lbs just from having these for breakfast- no working out, no major lifestyle changes, just the shakes! In order to make them a little healthier, I bought some vitamins and supplements to toss in, and they make the shakes taste awesome despite its greenish-gray appearance.

How I make my shakes:
2 scoops Vi-Shape by Visalus in Sweet cream
2 tbsp Navitas Naturals organic flax powder (it will clean. you. out!)
1 tsp Navitas Naturals raw camu camu powder (60x more vitamin c than an orange!)
1 scoops Greens+ Original Superfood (more vitamins and nutrients in one scoop than in five servings of fruits/veggies)
1 cup almond milk
Mixed frozen fruit (not much- I usually use a few cubes of mango, raspberry or pineapple)
Handful of spinach (I promise you CANNOT taste it!)

I was very hesitant to try Visalus/Body by Vi because of all the hype surrounding it- I always felt like I couldn't get an unbiased response because everyone wanted to sell it to me and make money! But I don't sell it, nor do I plan to. It's just a great protein powder that keeps you full until lunch and makes the shakes taste great. I am sure that you could use any protein powder, but this one has helped me lose weight, not gain, which I am all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment