Saturday, April 6, 2013

Project Dinner Table

Talk about WORK! My mom gave me an old, beat up Pottery Barn dinner table and told me to do whatever I want to it- so I got to work! The legs were white and the top had a glaze over it so I got a heavy duty sandpaper and used every bit of elbow grease in me to sand the entire thing. I think my arms almost fell off at one point... But I kept at it! Note: you HAVE to sand along with the grain in order for this to not be a disaster.

I painted the legs a matte black and sealed them with a semi gloss spray paint. Then I picked up a stain at Ace Hardware, along with a cheapy foam paintbrush and a bag of cloths. The stain color was "Provincial" and I started by pouring it into a paper bowl. I saturated the entire brush with the stain and painted it on going in one direction only. After covering the entire table, I used my crappy cloths (dry) to wipe the entire table down and get off any remaining stain. And that's it! Once dry, I will seal the table with an acrylic sealant, which I have in spray paint form and is really easy to use.

To be honest, this is by far the BEST project of mine to date. It just looks like a million bucks- literally! It looks expensive, and yet I probably spent $20 in materials to do the entire thing. That, my friends, is why I'm all about DIY.





No comments:

Post a Comment