Saturday, April 6, 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow?

My grandmother, who passed away last year, was known for her beautiful roses- she even hosted a floral arranging show on local television in Honolulu. My mother is a genius when it comes to flowers and plants and my dad's veggie garden has been around my entire life- so you can say I *should* have the family green thumb, but I'm still finding out!

The first thing I did when we moved in was start a vegetable and herb garden. Someone once told me to always expect your first garden not to make it because so much time and effort goes into it. I'm definitely learning that, but there is nothing more amazing than waking up in the morning and seeing your seeds have sprouted overnight!

"The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for myrth,
Ones closer to God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment