Thursday, August 22, 2013

We're Married!

Written on our last day of the most amazing honeymoon:

I'm writing this from the resort in Costa Rica where my husband is still passed out to my right and I'm up way too early for my own good. Today is our last day in the most amazing place you can imagine, and I never want to go home.

The beach in front of our hotel, the RIU Palace Costa Rica.

Coco Beach, an amazing little town with awesome souvenirs and good food.

We protect the environment.


Since we've been here, we've done it all: rode ATVs, held monkeys, had drinks on a secluded beach, zip-lining, horseback riding, hiking to waterfalls, covering ourselves in volcanic mud and then hopping into mineral baths, rode a waterslide through the rainforest, Matt won a resort-wide beer chugging contest... This has been the best week of our lives. We've practiced getting used to saying "my husband" and "my wife" and have made friends who travel the world and went on a search for cuban cigars and have tried every fruity drink you can imagine. 

In front of the fountains at our resort after a few Micheladas.

Costa Rica is straight up paradise. It's green- emerald green- and open land as far as you can see. The people are so kind and helpful. The weather is perfect. There's so much to do and despite some  mehhhh resort food, we've had some awesome meals.


This honeymoon was the most fantastic way to start our marriage- we have bonded and laughed and pigged out and seen an amazing country. I am so lucky to have had this experience and can't wait for our last adventures today: snorkeling, massages on the beach and hanging out at the Monkey Bar- where there are monkeys climbing all over while you drink! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment