Sunday, July 28, 2013

Countdown: 6 Days

I spent all day yesterday with twelve of my favorite women in the world celebrating my bachelorette party. It was exactly what I wanted- partying in a limo while the sun was out, way too much wine, so many laughs, a couple of heart to hearts, and passed out by 5. It was an expensive day on my part but well worth it. "I just love limos!" but even moreso, I love being surrounded by women I love and who love me in return. I've never in my life had every single one of my best friends in the same place at the same time. While the wedding stress has caused some rifts between my sisters and I (they're 20 and this is their first wedding experience) yesterday was a solid reminder that a sister is unlike any friend you could ever have. There is truly no relationhip in the world like that you can have with a sister, and it means everything to have them stand next to be on the biggest day of my life.


But the best part of my weekend was coming home to the man I love and spending the afternoon talking out how we want to raise our children, how we cannot wait for our honeymoon, and how everyone keeps asking us "are you getting nervous?" and how we both laugh and say "not at ALL." My first piece of mail with my new name came this weekend and it really was blinding proof that in 6 (almost 5) days, my life is changing forever. I can't wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment