Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Spicy Meat-a-Balls and The Best Sauce Ever

This is one of those recipes where you're gonna go "dammit, this girl measures NOTHING!" But it's really true- I'm all about flavor and if I ruin a recipe (which I happened to do just last night), I don't even care! But this recipe... Oh man, your taste buds will thank you!

Preheat oven to 350. 

I started with two packages of lean ground turkey and put them in a large mixing bowl. Crack two eggs into the bowl and use your hands to mix (it helps to have a fiancĂ© sous chef who will pour everything since your hands will be covered in raw meat). Next take 2 cups of Panko breadcrumbs and next Ozenne. Then I got a little crazy… I used pepper, oregano, a little bit of chili powder, Italian seasoning... Who knows what else. Then add in the onions and garlic.

Use a large baking dish and spray with coconut oil (or Pam or whatever). Roll the meat mixture into LARGE balls (lolz). 
Don't let the picture fool you- these were giant, as they were the main dish for dinner. 

In a blender, pour a can of diced tomatoes and a can of tomato sauce. I used all organic from Trader Joes. Add in some chili powder for an extra kick. Turn blender on low for 1 minute.

Sauté onions and garlic and add them to the blender. Then- and here's what makes the sauce amazing- add in 1/3 cup pinenuts. Mix for another minute and you'll have the creamiest, best sauce ever!

Pour sauce over meatballs. 
Cover top of dish with cheese (mozzarella, asiago, Romano, Parmesan- I used it all!)
Chop up some fresh basil (I like a lot).

Bake for 45 minutes and remove from oven and let cool a bit, then GRUB. Bomb.com and you're welcome! ;)

I'll list the ingredients here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment