Sunday, May 5, 2013

Project Wisteria

There is no place in the world to me quite  like my backyard, with all of its possibilities and endless need for mowing and watering. Since the heats picked up to an atrocious degree, it's been harder for me to keep up and I feel like everything around me is wilting, but I hate the heat! I hate hate hate it. Keep me 75 at all times and I'll be good to go.


Anywho, my wisteria is going insane- it's all over the damn place and I love it. 

This was what it looked like a month ago: 

Now its like a completely different plant! It reminds me of magic hair that just grows wherever it wants! I didn't even know what to do without besides wrap it around my sign so my mom suggested having it crawl along some wire.


I bought a spool of green wire and drilled screws into the fence, then wrapped the wire around the screws. 


Then I lead the vines to the wire and looped them around til they stayed- some have died and some are slowly creeping. It looks really neat- now lets see how long I can keep it alive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment