Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day Weekend / Brunch Casserole

We spent Saturday at the Giants game with my parents who always have the BEST seats! (Pretty good for someone like me who is BLIND!)
It was the perfect day in SF.

For Mothers Day, I spent all night and morning cooking up a storm, doing my typical "find a recipe, look at the ingredients, and then do whatever I want" thing. This was the final result:

I still don't have any real dishes yet- I am waiting for my bridal shower, which is why I am still serving everything on paper plates- super classy.

My menu for lunch:
Croissant sandwich spread
French toast and fruit kabobs
Mac and cheese muffins
Potato and ham muffins
Peanut butter cookies (from scratch, duh!)
Sugar free brownies with super sugary yummy frosting and sprinkles

And the most popular dish was my brunch casserole cut up into tiny cubes- it was devoured! It's super easy:

Preheat oven to 375. Spray baking dish with a light oil. Cut up ham or Canadian bacon into cubes and spread over the bottom of a baking dish. Chop up some fresh spinach for the next layer and them sprinkle with shredded cheese.


In a bowl (or cup, since I have no bowls!) mix a cup of cottage cheese with about 5 eggs. If you need more mixture to fill the pan, use egg whites to cut back on those yolks.


It will look like this:


Bake until firm- I baked mine about 25/30 minutes. Serve warm in slices or cubes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment