Monday, June 24, 2013

Your Dad is Pretty Awesome

Dear Future Kids,

As you read this, the person you know as your dad is a different person than I knew when I first met him. You've grown up seeing him cook, paint, build things, do yardwork, keep the pool sparkling blue and clean the house... probably more than I do... but it hasn't always been this way. When we bought the house four months ago, he'd never really used a power tool, he wasn't one for baking, and he'd never touched painters tape in his life.

My favorite part of my life with him is seeing him turn into a family man. Without me having to ask, a wall of handmade shelves appeared in the garage, the dishes were done every night before bed, laundry was no longer a foreign task. This weekend we spent all day Saturday painting our kitchen and dining room- and he had a blast. He even chose the color (it's so pretty, isn't it?)!

He is so proud of our home and that makes my heart smile. I am so proud of the man he has become. He has always been so sweet, so kind and just a truly GOOD person, but this house has made him a family man. He is the most generous man I've ever met since my Papa. While our family only consists of him, me and our dog, it makes me so excited for the future- for you guys. You are some really, really lucky kids <3

A work in progress

It's not finished and in the process we have destroyed the house, 
but we are already in love with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment