Thursday, November 28, 2013

Welcome to the family, Crash

Dear Future Kids,

I hope that when you're reading this, you have fond memories of your first dogs: Crash and Lucky. We have been blessed with well-behaved dogs and they truly are a part of our family.

Your dad and I decided spontaneously this past weekend that we were ready for a puppy. We have been talking about it a lot for the past few months but in the past weeks we've been dying for a little fur baby of our own. I am so in love with Lucky that I highly doubt I could fall for any animal as hard as I have for him, but I am willing to try.

I spent the past four days online looking up any and all puppies I could and we almost adopted a 7 month old bulldog puppy, but something didn't feel right. First of all, we wanted our first "baby." Secondly, I've always wanted a mini Australian shepherd- ALWAYS. Since this year had been a year of fulfilling dreams, I decided to go for it- and so we happened upon Crash. He is half mini Aussie and half toy Aussie. My requirement was that the puppy have long hair and be cuddly. Your dad's request was that the puppy be able to play fetch and have lots of energy! We so lucked out. We brought Crashy home tonight and we are so in love! It makes me so happy to see your dad happy- and he loves this puppy so much already! Tonight he googled the breeds lifespan and said "11-13 years!! So our kids will be in middle school before we lose Crash!" and it just made me so happy. 

Here is to the next 11-13 years with the sweetest puppy- but I really hope in your lifetime, you will have a chance to know Lucky too- he is my happiness all wrapped up in a smiling tri-color face :)

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I have so much to be thankful for: my marriage, my beautiful home, our supportive families, my girlfriends (without whom life wouldn't be half as fun), a roof over my head and food on the table every day. I am also thankful that for the first time in my life, I truly love an animal- getting Lucky had changed my perspective on pets am shown me it is possible to fall in love with something covered in fur. Cuddling with him always brightens my days- I am so thankful to come home to a little furry face every day! And now, two furry faces!





No comments:

Post a Comment